[UPDATE] Fix for the imake build errors.

Dave Grochowski grocho98 at students.rowan.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:03:13 PST 2006

Hey,

Florent Thoumie wrote:

> What's with xorg-cf-files? I was under the impression this was only used
> to build monolithic xorg?

So was I, but some of the ports depend on the templates and
configuration files for their Imake based builds as well.

For example, when building graphis/xfig, I get the dreaded Imake build
error if I do not have xorg-cf-files installed:

imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/local/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:16: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/xfig.

This port also relies on gccmakedep (probably not a coincidence).  I
don't think there is a way to remove the dependency, since there are
probably dozens of ports which require these files in order for Imake to
generate a Makefile.  My assumption is that any ports that use Imake to
generate their Makefiles need xorg-cf-files and gccmakedep, but I could
be wrong. If I find some time this week, I can find all the ports which
use Imake and test whether or not the build works without these two
dependencies.

Sincerely,
Dave Grochowski