Building Modular Xorg

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Wed Nov 8 09:20:35 PST 2006

Afternoon all,

    I'm not sure if this is the correct list for this particular
problem, as it's not really a problem with Xorg itself.  I am unable to
pull down the Modular Xorg ports tree per the instructions at:

http://wikitest.freebsd.org/ModularXorg

    First, I installed 6.1 and then upgraded to -CURRENT.  I then built
git from the ports tree I currently have installed (the one from 6.1).
When I run the git clone command, I get:

git clone git://git.geekfire.com/git/ports.git
fatal: packfile '/usr/ports/.git/objects/pack/tmp-0WpIXN' is too small
error: git-clone-pack: unable to read from git-index-pack
error: git-index-pack died with error code 128
clone-pack from 'git://git.geekfire.com/git/ports.git' failed.

    Any ideas?

Adam