dependencies for x11-servers/xorg-server

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 6 23:47:32 UTC 2006

Rene Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is caused by portmaster or the modular xorg-server,

Are you referring to the 7.x version? If so, I haven't had a chance to
test that yet.

> but whenever I update x11-servers/xorg-server using portmaster, it tries
> to reinstall the already installed x11-fonts/fontsproto and
> x11-fonts/xf86bigfontsproto, resulting in the FORCE_PKG_REGISTER message.

Is it possible that these ports have alternate versions, similar to
bison and bison2? If so, portmaster depends on appropriate CONFLICTS
being set to handle that issue. If there are not alternate versions,
please send me the directory from /var/db/pkg that is created after
the port is installed, and the port itself and I'll take a look.

> Attached is the dependency tree for xorg-server.

That's very interesting, what tool did you use to generate that?

Doug