Xorg 6.9.0, FreeBSD-6.1 and a Radeon or two

Albert Vest alvest at earthlink.net
Tue May 16 22:41:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:52:54 -0700
Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 19:38 -0400, Albert Vest wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 May 2006 07:06:00 -0400
> > Albert Vest <alvest at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > > I am planning to move that directory's file into my source tree when
> > > building my next source/kernel upgrade from RC3 to 6.1-release.  Do
> > > you know in advance whether that would be a dumb thing for me to try?
> >
> > Never mind.  Tried it; might as well hadn't.  Doesn't work with Xorg
> > 6.9.0, but neither did the release source.
>
> The current radeon DRM doesn't build on 6-STABLE because we have -Werror
> and bonus whinage about when the compiler ignores our inline flags,
> afaict.  If someone could figure out how to fix that (probably through
> CFLAGS to disable the compiler whinage for this contrib code), we could
> get a DRM merge, which would probably make lots of people happy.  But
> maybe I'm misunderstanding what you were saying, since the Xorg version
> should have nothing to do with the DRM.

It was the DRM; I didn't rebuild Xorg 6.9 or change any of its files.  All I did was copy every file from /***/src/sys/dev/drm current *with a date later than 13-DEC-2005* into the same directory in my main /usr/src tree, then rebuild world & kernel.  Got no complaints, but by the same token no benefits.

Thanks,

--
Albert Vest, al vest at earth link dot net