mga_hal driver broken under Xorg > 6.8.2

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed Jan 25 13:37:57 PST 2006

	[copied to -questions for greater exposure]

	Yesterday I upgraded from Xorg 6.8.2. using portupgrade.
	When I rebooted, xdm choked with

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.so: Undefined symbol "MGAGetBOARDHANDLESize"

	I got things running using the vesa driver and poked around,
finding this:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2006/01/msg00001.html

	Sure enough, renaming mga_hal.drv.so fixed the problem.
	Looks like the module needs to be rebuilt.  Do we have a
contact at Matrox?

	(I'm not on the list; please CC: any response.)

					Robert Huff