X.org 6.9.0 fails start with mga_hal and mousewheel not working anymore

Lauri Järvenpää lauri.jarvenpaa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:09:48 PST 2006

Hello.

X.org 6.9.0 fails to start if mga_hal module is present:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.so:
Undefined symbol "MGAGetBOARDHANDLESize"
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

This means that DualHead support is gone and somehow OpenGL is not
working either. The latter might be because of now faulty two monitor
setup.

Not only that, but when I upgraded to 6.9.0 my mousewheel also stopped
working ("sysmouse -z 4, xorg.conf buttons 5" -setup).

I guess DualHead won't work until Matrox wants to publish it for 6.9.0
but what could be wrong with my mouse setup?

System:
5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Mon Jan 23
xorg-6.9.0

Cheers,
lauri j

xorg.conf is attached.