3ddesktop error

Ashok Shrestha ashok.shrestha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:01:24 PST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to run 3ddesktop. But it gives me errors.

What does "no Direct Rendering possible" mean? And how do I "configure
hardware accerleration"?

3ddesk --acquire

Attempting to start 3ddesktop server.
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
3ddeskd: glXIsDirect failed, no Direct Rendering possible!
3ddeskd: Please configure hardware acceleration.  Exiting.
Server not found after waiting 5 seconds.
Could not find server.
Try starting manually (3ddeskd)

3ddeskd

Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
%3ddeskd: glXIsDirect failed, no Direct Rendering possible!
3ddeskd: Please configure hardware acceleration.  Exiting.

Ashok Shrestha