6.2-PRE, AGP X800, and Modular Xorg == No DRI?

German Tischler tanis at gaspode.franken.de
Thu Dec 14 11:47:29 PST 2006

Isaac Waldron wrote:
> Everything seems to work fine with the exception that direct
> rendering is disabled.  This same machine worked fine with Xorg 6.9
> from the regular ports tree, but I was interested in modular Xorg for
> the possibility of limited 3D acceleration support for newer Radeons.
>
> I have since rebuilt world to 6.2-PRERELEASE as of yesterday, and
> direct rendering is still disabled.  dmesg is reporting that agp and
> drm are detecting my card.  Has anyone successfully gotten this
> combination working with DRI?  If so, what tricks did you use?

Please try to run a program using OpenGL with debug flags, e.g.

LIBGL_DEBUG=YES MESA_DEBUG=YES teapot

One problem will probably be that the graphics/dri Port assumes that
posix_memalign is present in FreeBSD, which is not true for FreeBSD 6,
so the r300_dri.so object will fail to load. I have DRI working on a
X850 based PCI express card in my FreeBSD 6.2 pre machine, so getting
the X800 working should be possible.

German