Experimental X.org ports updated to 7.2-RC3

Patrick Lamaizière patfbsds+x11 at davenulle.org
Sat Dec 9 17:56:59 PST 2006

Scott Robbins :

> > I use the i810 driver. For me, DRI does not work at all (can't run
> > Chromium by sample). It worked with the previous Xorg 7.1.1
>
> I'm finding that I can't upgrade the DRI port, on both a CURRENT and
> 6.2-PRERELEASE machine.  These are my two main workstations, both with a
> lot of cruft, and I haven't had a chance to test it on a cleaner
> machine yet.

No problem to build DRI here (i checked that all the Xorg modules are "built
for Xorg 7.1.99")

> > I've got another issue, when i switch to a console (alt+ctrl+Fn) and
> > return to X, the mouse cursor is lost. The mouse works, i can select
> > and clic on menus.
>
> I'm not finding that issue.  (via onboard video, KM400 S3 Unichrome)

So it is a problem of the i810 driver i think, i've found a work-around:
Option "SWcursor" "YES"

From the man page of i810:
----
Option "SWCursor" "boolean"
 Disable  or enable software cursor. Default: software cursor is
 disable and a hardware cursor is used for configurations where
 the hardware cursor is available.
----

Regards.