Recommend graphics card for AMD64 FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 1680x1050 widescreen monitor? (was Re: Any clues on nVidia GeForce 6100?)

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 7 16:31:36 PST 2006

Fred Cox wrote:
> After much hassle, and endless:
> (II) VESA(0): Not using mode "1680x1050" (no mode of
> this name) messages on the integrated GeForce 6100,
> I'm giving up and would like a recommendation for a
> known good card that will work with FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 on
> AMD64 at a 1680x1050 resolution.
>
> I don't do any graphics, other than running Firefox,
> so speed is not important.  Being able to use my
> monitor is.

Doesn't it work with nv driver? You may have to set a Modeline in
xorg.conf for it to work with X.org 6.9 (which is related to the
monitor, not the card). Google for "Modeline 1680x1050 Modeline xorg.conf".

Cheers.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org