ports/85735: Force imake respect CC/CXX

Sergey Skvortsov skv at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 9 02:10:04 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/85735; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sergey Skvortsov <skv at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/85735: Force imake respect CC/CXX
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:00:12 +0400

 Dejan Lesjak wrote:
 >>You used unexisting cc. Try the real one - install lang/gcc34.
 >
 > Ah, my testcase was flawed as I feared. Thanks for the cluebat :)
 >
 > Do you agree though that changing FreeBSD.cf as in patch would not be optimal
 > wrt hardcoding $CC and $CXX in installed imake configuration? If so, here's
 > what I'm considering now: we can add the following two lines to ports
 > Makefile:
 >
 > MAKE_ENV+=     MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC} CXX=${CXX}"
 > SCRIPTS_ENV+=	CC=${CC}
 >
 > and modify the last two lines in scripts/configure to:
 >
 > env MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC}" make Makefile.boot
 > env MAKEFLAGS="CC=${CC}" make -f xmakefile VerifyOS version.def Makefiles
 > includes
 >
 > Would this kind of change make sense?
 > If so, the CFLAGS could also be fixed in same way.

 Your approach seems to be more correct, however the result is still the same
 (I just try to avoid creating new patch-* files).

 I also see another problem. Imake.tmpl is created while imake building and
 installed into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl. This template will be
 used for all imake-depended ports. But futher compiling such ports with
 another CC/CXX values may cause strangest errors. Some method for detection
  this situation should be introduced.

 --
 Sergey Skvortsov
 mailto: skv at FreeBSD.org