two video adapters

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 01:37:28 PST 2005

On 10/29/05, Laslo Holifeld <laslo_holifeld at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Is it possible to use two video cards in one x86 box?
> I want to use two monitors with my pc.

Yes, you are limited by the number of cards you can physically fit in
the machine.  (even that can be worked around)

> I've installed second v. card and plugged the monitor,
> but nothing happend. Computer booted normally and used
> only one monitor.
>
> Any idea? THX

Google for xinerama and similar.  In general you will want to add the
Xinerama option to you ServerLayout and then create a new Screen,
Monitor, and Device section for the new hardware.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.