problem with xmodmap

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 17 07:37:36 PDT 2005

On Monday, 17. October 2005 14:11, dawnshade wrote:
> On Monday 17 October 2005 16:00, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Monday, 17. October 2005 12:37, dawnshade wrote:
> > > Thank you.
> > > All works fine, after putting in .kde/Autostart.
> > > P.S. Keyboard Layouts is active.
> > >
> > > May be write PR for this part FAQ?
> >
> > It is not a FAQ.
>
> see section  12.21 at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html

I presume you mean section 11.23, which deals with assigning the windows keys.

This is not a FAQ anymore these days either, as modern window managers and
Desktop Environments come with much easier and more obvious tools than
xmodmap to assign the windows keys (or they even have them already assigned
by default). The FreeBSD FAQ contains many rather outdated answers to
not-anymore-frequently-asked questions like that, but so do many FAQ
documents which are maintained in an apppend-only mode (and not very
regularly).

In any case, "Why does xmodmap not work in KDE?" is not a frequently asked
question as far as I can tell (and I have been monitoring the relevant
mailing lists to base that judgement for quite a while now). :-)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org