Thanks for agp_ati.c

Albert Vest alvest at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 20 10:30:31 PST 2005

Just writing to thank the X11 team, eanholt in particular, for committing agp_ati.c to the source tree.  After rebuilding world and kernel, I seem to actually have agp now under 6.0-STABLE on my Shuttle ST62K machine:

# dmesg | grep drm
drm0: <ATI Radeon RS300 IGP> port 0xc000-0xc0ff mem 0xe8000000-0xebffffff,0xec020000-0xec02ffff at device 5.0 on pci1
info: [drm] AGP at 0xe4000000 64MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.16.0 20050311 on minor 0

It freezes now when I try an xorg.conf file with "dri" included in the list of modules to load, even after a fresh build of the dri-devel port, but glxgears runs faster now (~450 fps) when starting with no file at all (Xorg autodetect).

--
Albert Vest, al vest at earth link dot net