FreeBSD 6.0 Stable with 3dfx voodoo3 [Others?]

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Nov 11 02:30:18 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 13:04 -0800, Everett Batey wrote:
> Michael et al,
>
> I have had NO luck with FreeBSD since 4.7 getting Gnome or any GUI
> to work.
>
> Really would like to see the survey of what MOBO's and what OnBoard
> Video's HAVE WORKED for OTHERS .. Survey.  This is getting as tough as
> Solaris on Intel .. I have VIA KM3M w/ On Bd video chip .. Nightmares

Hmm, let's see, I've got an ASUS A8V, a K7S5A Pro, and a BP6 on my desk.
The stack of recently tested video cards on my shelf includes (but is
not limited to) i740, G400, G200, Radeon 9600, Radeon 9600SE, Radeon
8500, Radeon 7500, Radeon 64MB VIVO, Radeon 7000, Rage 128 Pro PF, Rage
Pro, Rage XL, Rage IIC, Voodoo3, Voodoo5, Voodoo Banshee, SiS 305, SiS
6326, S3 Virge DX, and Savage4.  The tub behind me has the "older" stuff
that I haven't used for a long time.

Oh, you asked about onboard.  That's only a Rage 128, Radeon M6, and
i845 for me.  (I've also got an i810 I need to put into a case and port
the DRM driver for).  But then, since the original poster wasn't using
onboard video, that would be a hijacking of the topic.

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org