i810 not working on 910gml chipset

Juho Vuori juho.vuori at kepa.fi
Tue Mar 15 22:16:17 PST 2005

Hello,

The gma900 graphics adapter that is part of intel 915gm and 910gml
chipsets is not working with me. It should use the i810 driver, but
using this driver, I get the following while booting X

(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
(EE) No devices detected.

The chipset on my computer is 910gml and not 915gm used by pentium-m
based machines. Could this be the thing? The error message hints that
this is just a problem of the driver not recognizing my hardware.

Juho Vuori