New compaq, new radeon id

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 21 22:11:22 GMT 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 05:17 am, Pete Carah wrote:
> At the moment, I tried xorg-server-snap.  It is now recognized, and
> X -probeonly appears to work but if I try to actually bring up
> anything in a real X server the system waits about a second then
> reboots. (hard to debug that kind of thing without an ICE :-( (and
> I don't even know if ICE's exist for A64's) (and further, I
> couldn't possibly afford one if they do exist :-(.
>
> Patching drm to recognize the chip is easy; I did this but only got
> reboots whenever I tried X (note, however, that I get them without
> this patch too). I don't know if just recognition is adequate or
> there needs to be something else done too?

Do you have /var/log/Xorg.0.log?  If you do, can you send it to me?
dmesg and your patch will be nice too.  BTW, PCI-Express GART support
is extremely experimental.

> agp_amd64 has no ATI stuff mentioned in the source; only nvidia,
> AMD, and via.

Like I said in the previous e-mail, you won't need agp(4) at all.

> I don't konw about agp_ati  For now I'll wait somewhat patiently
> (or look and see if agp_ati is remotely near.  It isn't in my
> source tree (cvsup HEAD as of early tonight)).

That's not committed yet because we don't have any hardware to test.

Jung-uk Kim