cvs commit: src/sys/conf files src/sys/i386/conf NOTES src/sys/amd64/conf NOTES src/sys/modules/drm/radeon Makefile src/sys/dev/drm ati_pcigart.c drmP.h drm_agpsupport.c drm_pciids.h r128_cce.c r300_cmdbuf.c r300_reg.h radeon_cp.c radeon_drm.h ...

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jul 21 18:15:07 GMT 2005

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:29 +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>
>>Eric Anholt píše v st 20. 07. 2005 v 21:10 +0000:
>>
>>>anholt      2005-07-20 21:10:57 UTC
>>>
>>>  FreeBSD src repository
>>>
>>>  Modified files:
>>>    sys/conf             files
>>>    sys/i386/conf        NOTES
>>>    sys/amd64/conf       NOTES
>>>    sys/modules/drm/radeon Makefile
>>>    sys/dev/drm          ati_pcigart.c drmP.h drm_agpsupport.c
>>>                         drm_pciids.h r128_cce.c radeon_cp.c
>>>                         radeon_drm.h radeon_drv.h radeon_state.c
>>>  Added files:
>>>    sys/dev/drm          r300_cmdbuf.c r300_reg.h
>>>  Log:
>>>  Add the latest r300 code from r300.sf.net.  This is based on the patch supplied
>>>  by Vladimir Dergachev for inclusion in DRM CVS, with minor modifications for
>>>  FreeBSD CVS and the appropriate license from Nicolai Haehnle on r300_reg.h.
>>>  Fixes hangs when using r300.sf.net userland, tested on a Radeon 9600 on amd64.
>>
>>Cool! Is this supposed to fix my hangs? Any thoughts of MFC? Any chance
>>for RELENG_6 patchset to test here?
>

> The RELENG_6 patch should be just the same.  It's at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/r300-drm.diff (which lacks the
> r300_reg.h license since I made that diff last night, but that's it).
>
> This should help you if you've got an r300 card, and do nothing
> otherwise.  If it does something otherwise, please tell me!  Any reports
> of regressions with this patch applied are important, because I'm hoping
> to MFC it.
>
> Remember, if you want r300 DRI support, you need all three latest bits:
> this new DRM stuff, xorg-server-snap, and the latest dri-devel port.

Is there an uptodate quick howto on using this?  I've built/installed
the xorg-server-snap (and it's working great), installed the dri-devel,
and the latest cvs tree for -current (7.0).   I have 'device agp' in my
kernel config, the radeon kernel module loaded, and the drm kernel
module loaded.  I don't see any notes about any of that in dmesg.

Sorry if this is a FAQ - the little guide on your site looked fairly out
of date..

Eric