same to the ports/51632 PR but in Xorg 6.8.1

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Sun Jan 23 18:46:57 PST 2005

On Monday 24 of January 2005 01:27, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > As far as I remember about OPTIONS related problems - they're mostly
> > with cases when BATCH or PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined (and with what
> > options would port build in that case)
>
> There's a number of (overlapping?) PRs about that that belong to portmgr.
> This is an area we're interested in pursuing.
>
> > I was kinda waiting for OPTIONSng to come... I'll need to have another
> > look at all these OPTIONS I guess :)
>
> The necessary OPTIONS documentation and/or reworks keep getting pushed
> back because of other, more immediate, crises.  This is unfortunate.
>
> Also, the main force behind pushing OPTIONSng (eik) seems to have
> gone missing-in-action at the moment, which complicates things.

Mhm, and besides all this there didn't appear to be pressing need to convert
X11 ports to OPTIONS. This particular one, however does perhaps deserve some
special attention :)
A quick take on a patch to enable options in xorg-clients:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg-clients_OPTIONS.diff
(it should also be attached, but mailman doesn't seem to like me sometimes or
I have utterly misconfigured my MUA). It does take default in
PACKAGE_BUILDING case (a workaround for that should probably go away with
ports/75727), I haven't yet checked what would happen in 'make release'
though.
Another thing I wonder is how to properly explain what SETUID_LUIT option
actually does...

Dejan