same to the ports/51632 PR but in Xorg 6.8.1

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Sun Jan 23 16:01:28 PST 2005

On Monday 24 of January 2005 00:16, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> --- Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak at ijs.si> wrote:
> > You mean converting X11 ports to use OPTIONS?
>
> Yes, exactly.
>
> > Hmm. Right now I'm a bit sceptical about this - there appear to be some
> > trouble with using this stuff and as far as I know a better framework
> > is being worked on and I wanted to wait for that to become available
> > before I try playing with this.
>
> What troubles OPTIONS use could make? What is this new framework and where
> can I read more about it?

It's available as an experimental bsd.port.mk replacement in devel/portmk
port.
As far as I remember about OPTIONS related problems - they're mostly with
cases when BATCH or PACKAGE_BUILDING is defined (and with what options would
port build in that case), one another thing is that they tend to be annoying
to people that don't want to fiddle with dialogs every now and then when they
put X11 metaport to compile over night and expect to wake up to a shiny new X
(and don't want to set BATCH or PACKAGE_BUILDING for this or that reason).
That's actually the main problem I have with OPTIONS, it could very well be
that there exists some NO_OPTIONS knob that I've missed. Which brings me to a
confession - I haven't really researched enough to see if this would really
be a problem or if/how it could be solved. I was kinda waiting for OPTIONSng
to come... I'll need to have another look at all these OPTIONS I guess :)

Dejan