Xorg ICE vs. Xfce4 (4.2-RC3) needs fixing /etc/rc.d/cleartmp

Pawel Worach pawel.worach at telia.com
Fri Jan 7 10:24:38 PST 2005

Brooks Davis wrote:
> My worry with using your patch is that localpkg is run quite late in the
> startup process, well after X may have tried to start if xdm is run from
> /etc/ttys.  If package startup scripts could run anywhere in the order,
> a script in the port would be obvious solution, but that's not the case.

Another issue I see with doing this in localpkg is that on a diskless client
that shares /usr with the server it's common to set local_startup="" for
the client so that it doesn't start all the stuff you have installed on the
server. This issue is smaller today now that more ports use rcNG.

--
Pawel