ports/76257: nvidia_driver breaks xorg-clients build

FelixKühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Tue Feb 22 21:05:37 GMT 2005

Am Dienstag, den 22.02.2005, 12:19 -0500 schrieb Mikhail Teterin:
> > It was already changed in my patch. Do you have any better suggestions?
>
> Not really...
>
> > As I mentioned in an earlier mail, the GLX headers from Xorg don't seem
> > to define the ARB function any more.
>
> 6.8.1 still has it. Not sure about 6.8.2. In that case, the following little
> hunk:
>
> 	+#ifndef GLX_VERSION_1_4
> 	+#	define glXGetProcAddress	glXGetProcAddressARB
> 	+#endif
>
> seems less intrusive :-) The utility will still not *work* when compiled
> against GLX-1.3 headers, but it will *compile*.
>
> To allow for -lGL to be interchangible post-build, however, it may be required
> to make a dlopen/dlsym search for the glXGetProcAddress symbol at run-time.
>
> Would you like a patch? It will, unavoidably, system-specific, but should work
> on most (all?) systems supported by Xorg. You will also be able to remove
> this hack in a few years, when all available GLX implementations are
> upgraded. Yours,
>
> 	-mi

The attached patch (undo my other patch first) implements something like
this without actually loading libGL dynamically. It uses
dlopen(NULL, ...) to get a handle for the main program (including
libGL). I hope this is portable. Does this work for you?

Note that the patch also changes the Imakefile. In xc/programs/xdriinfo
run this to update the Makefile:

        make Makefile
        make depend

Then recompile xdriinfo as usual.

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |