X.Org 6.8.2 - (most probably) final patch

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Feb 22 10:34:59 GMT 2005

David Adam <zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> writes:
> 17 minutes ~is~ a long time for extraction (particularly over several
> ports) but I think it's a problem best solved by split distfiles, not by
> lower compression.
>
> Is there any way around it (turning off cleaning, unbzip2ing and
> modification of the Makefile/distinfo)?

One possibility is to create a port that installs a patched source
tree into /usr/X11R6/src/${PORTVERSION}, and have the other ports
BUILD_DEPEND on it and lndir(1) the source code into their WRKDIR.
This would have the added advantage of eliminating the current mess
with random xorg ports nicking patches from eachother.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no