lib/X11/fonts/TTF vs lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Sun Feb 13 04:32:46 PST 2005

On Sunday 13 of February 2005 04:12, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> A number of ports install TrueType fonts into lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
> instead of lib/X11/fonts/TTF which seems to be the canonical X11
> location.  Should these ports be fixed, or should the TrueType
> directory be added to the BSD.x11-4.dist file (or forthcoming
> pkg-plist)?

I think that in general if a directory is used by a couple of more or less
unrelated ports (as opposed to eg. parts of gnome that use their own port to
handle shared dirs) it should be in mtree file. That's why I left fonts/local
in proposed mtree. fonts/TTF is location where TrueType fonts from either of
X11 distributions go and it seems that fonts/TrueType is where other ports
put them (at least a quick grep through pkg-plist files shows that other
ports don't install into fonts/TTF).
Both are also in common directory for X11 fonts, so they would adhere to some
imaginary vague definition of hier, probably :)

Dejan

PS.:
If I may kidnap this thread for related question:
From testing xorg upgrade with dirs migrated from mtree to pkg-plists on
pointyhat-like tinderbox (taken from marcuscom) I get such errors:
=== Checking filesystem state
list of files present before this port was installed but missing after it was
deinstalled
./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config missing