lib/X11/fonts/TTF vs lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Sun Feb 13 01:50:55 PST 2005

El Domingo, 13 de Febrero de 2005 04:12, Kris Kennaway escribió:
> A number of ports install TrueType fonts into lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
> instead of lib/X11/fonts/TTF which seems to be the canonical X11
> location.  Should these ports be fixed, or should the TrueType
> directory be added to the BSD.x11-4.dist file (or forthcoming
> pkg-plist)?

This must be _allways_ under ${X11BASE}/lib/X11/fonts/ or stock
fontconfig can't see it.

The only exception to this I know is gsfonts (Type1), that must be
installed under ${LOCALBASE}/share/ghostscript/fonts/ to make gs happy.

I launch a PR time ago about making fontconfig aware of
${LOCALBASE}/share/ghostscript/fonts/ and don't install Xorg Type1
fonts.

--
  josemi