X.Org release 6.8.0

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 9 12:31:43 PDT 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:

> Just to clarify, since everyone seems to be confused (including our
> friends at Slashdot, whom it would clearly kill to check for an actual
> announcement of a release), X.Org R6.8.0 has *not* been released.
>
> It will be soon.
>
> When it is, I do plan on updating our ports as soon as possible.  This
> probably won't happen for 5.3, unless things go spectacularly well and
> portmgr agrees.  Also, my free time is short, now that school has
> started back up.

Portmgr will not approve an update pre-5.3 unless re@ agrees to it as
well.  That said, even after the tree thaws, there will be no major
updates allowed (include X.Org) until after 5.3 is released.  This is to
ensure we can fix any last-minute package problems.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome