Unable to get 1024x768 Resolution in X

Richard Pantoliano, Jr. rpantol0 at binghamton.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:23:51 PDT 2004

I am running 5.3BETA7 with X.org 6.7 on a Gateway 400vtx.  I can never
seem to get X to run at 1024x768.

I am thinking that it is the driver that is the problem.  The laptop
uses Intel 852MG integrated video.  I set i810 as the driver when
configuring X, but it still starts up at 800x600.   I think that it is
the driver because I have been able to get 1024x768 resolution using a
live-on-CD linux distro.  I took the config file for X from it and used
it for various distros of linux and for FreeBSD on my laptop, and none
of the others have been able to run in 800x600.  Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!