[ports-i386@dosirak.kr.freebsd.org: zh-chinput2-1.3.1 failed on i386 5]

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Tue Nov 30 18:21:20 PST 2004

On Wednesday 01 of December 2004 02:09, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:58:03AM +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:

> > > Thanks for looking at these.  If you're not already doing so, add
> > > these to the latest version of your patch so we can commit them all at
> > > once when we're ready to go.
> > >
> > > Kris
> >
> > I was worried that it would put too much into single patch/commit, but
> > I'll merge it if it's preferred. I'll look into other errors and notify
> > maintainers. It seems that it's either missing imake or not building html
> > man pages that were in plists.
>
> It's best to be able to commit them all at once instead of leaving a
> window where a number of ports will be broken for an indeterminate
> timeperiod.
>
> Kris

Ah, I see. Then how about this: there appear to be basicaly two cathegories of
breaks. First are the ones that can be commited even before xorg upgrade
(like rosegarden and zh-chinput2). Rosegarden is maintained by ports so I
thought of waiting a day or so if someone objects or comes up with better
idea, and then commit it. (and during writing this it seems that fix for
libxklavier was commited). I intended to notify maintainers of the ones that
are maintained and if we don't hear from them until the time xorg is ready
for commit I can commit them separately, but at the same time (if they
respond earlier, the commits can also be done earlier).
Another ones are closely related to commit (like ja-kdrill) since their plist
changes as consequence of not installing html man pages. These should be
commited together with upgrade and I can merge those into the patch and
notify maintainers that this will be done.
Would that be acceptable?

Dejan