Xorg and radeon: radeon_cp_indirect called without lock held

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Nov 19 09:28:41 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 06:34, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> I have two Radeon cards now -- one is the older Radeon 7000, which is
> recognized by the radeon DRM module, and the other is Radeon 9600, which
> is not (still).
>
> The first one (PCI) has one monitor attached to it, and the second one (AGP)
> has two.
>
> When the Xorg-6.7 server starts, I get the following messages from the
> kernel:
>
> info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.11.0 20020828 on minor 0
> error: [drm:pid808:radeon_cp_indirect] *ERROR* radeon_cp_indirect called
> without lock held

This is usually a result of not having AGP working even though the card
is AGP.  In your case the card isn't AGP.  As a random guess, I'd blame
the known-flaky AGP detection code in the radeon DDX for detecting your
card as AGP (fixed in 6.8.0).  Options "BusType" "PCI" may shut it up in
the meantime.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org
           Thank goodness for the 22nd Amendment