xorg-server-6.8.1 and "i915"

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Tue Nov 16 20:51:59 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:29, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I used the latest (diff-6) patch for the xorg ports and built the
> xorg-libraries and xorg-server (leaving other things at the 6.7 level).
> Thanks for the work!
>
> The X-server now crashes on startup -- after first complaining about being
> unable to load the i915 module. The old X-server complained about the i815,
> but proceeded to work fine on my Vaio-TR2/B (without DRI/DRM, of course).
>
> Now it gets signal 11. Somewhere else I saw a report from an OpenBSD user,
> saying the server works on their system, but only once -- if the server is
> stopped, the system must be rebooted for a new X-session.
>
> Any hope of i915 module ever hitting the kernel tree? Is it all about Eric not
> getting decent Internet access from Clark?

I've got internet access just fine :)  Really, your issue shouldn't be
the lack of the i915 DRM.  If it is, then that's a bug.  The most useful
thing would probably be a backtrace, and I think a "#define
MakeDllModules YES" echo in xorg-server/scripts/configure is what you
need to get that (though I haven't tested it myself).

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org
           Thank goodness for the 22nd Amendment