XFree86 4.4 port ??

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 21 02:10:11 PDT 2004

* "Pedro F. Giffuni" [Fr, 21 Mai 2004 at 04:22 GMT]:
> I appreciate the great work that has been done lately to support the X.org
> server, but I recall there was a working port of Xfree86 4.4. Any *technical*
> reason why it hasn't been committed?

Hi, thanks for raising this discussion, From my testing, I think there
are no technical reasons, that it can not be committed within 24 hours.

It looks like Eric is busy with the X.org ports and not very interested in/
too busy for XFree86 4.4.
I am interested in getting XFree86 4.4 into the tree, but I am not sure,
that I will have the time and the skills to deal with the upcoming
support requests.

What do the others think (Dejan?)

regards
arved