[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: libXp-6.0 failed on i386 5]

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Wed May 12 19:06:17 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 04:09, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> There's got to be a better way to test these before committing instead
> of going through lots of package build iterations...
>
> Kris

Sorry for any burden this is causing on folks, especially you.
Basically, I'm building these to the point of working and packaging on
my system as far as I can tell.  It's hard to deal with all this
dependency mess when I'm working off of one box that's also my desktop.
I've finally got the netboot up and running, so hopefully I can test on
that, but it's still a lot of rebuilding to be done if I'm going to test
per-port.  I wish I knew how to set up bento locally so I could try
doing complete testing that way, but time is limited.  Basically I've
got 3 days left before I start job #1 and two weeks before job #2, I'm
looking for a house, need to do things for the Cuba group still, and
need to somewhere in there do final testing and commit all my xserver
code from the last 3 months and prepare a presentation for June.  And
test the DRM merge I've prepared.  And test packaging on Alpha (and port
the DRI to it, if I follow what I got the hardware for), and port the
i810 DRM to FreeBSD.

I really want to see FreeBSD get its X switched over, because the payoff
will be good in terms of both future maintenance and future features --
it's sounding like we might have an X.Org X server release with
Composite/Damage/Fixes in it in a little over a month.  But I can't
handle more load than I've been putting into all of this in the last
week, and will be able to handle much, much less very soon now.

Sorry for the venting, but I'm pretty stressed out right now.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org