ports/66404: New port: x11-servers/X.org-devel

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun May 9 00:09:30 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 04:50:29PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/66404; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu>
> To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, GrandDixence at gmx.net
> Subject: Re: ports/66404: New port: x11-servers/X.org-devel
> Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 16:50:13 -0700
>
>  I don't feel this port should be added.  If we're going to integrate the
>  x.org server into the tree, it should be in a similar format as
>  XFree86-4-Server, so that people can swap (or hopefully, install
>  side-by-side) easily, and there can be a single set of dependencies.
>  I'm working on that now.

I'm also working on building ports similar to XFree86-4 ones; I have put
an archive here:

	http://www.thinbsd.org/Xorg-ports-2004-05-08.tar.gz

I'm currently running a mix of these ports and XFree86-4.3 parts. Be aware
that this is a work in progress and may not work at all on your machine.

Since the pkg-plist are mostly incorrect, they will not deinstall properly
too.

--
Francois Tigeot