cvs commit: CVSROOT access

Eric Anholt anholt at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 6 11:38:49 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 11:21, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:27:34AM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> E>   Returned from Cuba at last, ready to hear about FreeBSD things again.
>
> Good news :)
>
> When do you plan to create XFree 4.4 port?

I don't have plans for doing that port myself.  My current FreeBSD
tasklist is going to be sorting out what to do with xorg vs freedesktop
libs to upgrade to instead of XFree86 4.4.  After that I'll probably get
working on the xorg server in my spare time (not sure what LinuxFund
will have me doing, hopefully xorg) so we can have a primary server tree
that other community groups can work on (I was hearing rumours of
interest from DRI, I think), in an open environment without license
issues.

However, that said, I just got back and my mailbox overflowed around
March 5th, so I'm still catching up on all the happenings.  I'll be
talking to keithp today about roadmap sorts of things I think, and
checking out what exactly the status of xorg is.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org