ports/68484: [ patch ] x11-servers/xorg-server: add WITHOUT_DRI knob

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 29 11:20:54 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/68484; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam Weinberger <adamw at FreeBSD.org>
To: Roman Bogorodskiy <bogorodskiy at inbox.ru>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/68484: [ patch ] x11-servers/xorg-server: add WITHOUT_DRI knob
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:12:56 -0400

 >> (06.29.2004 @ 1339 PST): Roman Bogorodskiy said, in 1.8K: <<
 > 	For this moment xorg-sever port have a run depend on graphics/dri for
 > 	i386 and alpha archs, and graphics/dri itself requires the XFree86
 > 	sources to be downloaded. As for me, I don't want to download the
 > 	Xorg and XFree86 sources _both_, and I think I'm not only the one. So,
 > 	WITHOUT_DRI knob allows to turn off the DRI support.
 >
 > 	BTW, graphics/dri hasn't been SIZEfied yet.
 >> end of "ports/68484: [ patch ] x11-servers/xorg-server: add WITHOUT_DRI knob" from Roman Bogorodskiy <<

 I guess now would be the time to note that I cannot get xorg-server to
 compile when graphics/dri is installed. It compiles fine with
 graphics/dri-devel, which doesn't have the XFree86 dependency issue.

 Maybe dri-devel should be the default dri to use?

 # Adam

 --
 Adam Weinberger
 adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org