XFree86 4.4?

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Jun 7 21:29:24 GMT 2004

On 06/07/04 16:10, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> I was curious if anyone is working on porting XFree86 4.4 to FreeBSD. It
> would be nice to have the extra graphics chip support, specially for 5.3.

Please don't cross post -- I think this is an obvious case where
freebsd-x11@ is the place to ask.  If you were unable to get an answer
there, then you could think about asking elsewhere.

Read the archives of the freebsd-x11@ list
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/).  There has been
extensive discussion on this topic.  xorg ports are being added while
trying not to break XFree86 ports.  This is currently being held up by
an update to imake; once that is completed XFree86 4.4 should go in and
it looks like we should have a full xorg port shortly afterward.  The
specific message where much of this info was obtained:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2004-June/000406.html

Jon Noack