Fwd: Problem with xorg-vfbserver build

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Fri Jul 23 19:46:53 PDT 2004

Sorry for the dual post; I sent this to -current, but realized I
probably should have sent it to -x11 as well.

I neglected to point out that I'm running FreeBSD 4.9, with
everything up to date, if that affects things.

Thanks for any help.

----- Forwarded message from Jesse Sheidlower <jester at panix.com> -----

Hey. I'm just trying to upgrade to the xorg port, and am dying during
the build of xorg-vfbserver.

The general end of the compiler errors looks like:

/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-vfbserver/work/xc/lib/font/libXfont.a(ftfuncs.o): In function `FreeTypeAddProperties':
ftfuncs.o(.text+0x219e): undefined reference to `FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
ftfuncs.o(.text+0x304b): undefined reference to `FT_Get_X11_Font_Format'

[... similar undefined reference errors to FT_somethingorother]
***Error code 1
[...]

   ! x11-servers/xorg-vfbserver   (linker error)

Googling seems to suggest that these are from freetype, but I do have the
latest version of freetype (freetype2-2.1.7_3) installed.

Any suggestions for what I should be doing?

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower

----- End forwarded message -----