Installing xorg on AMD64 without_dri

Maarten Sanders wifimaarten at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:23:32 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I am a bit new to Freebsd.
I have a clean 5.2.1. install on amd64 without any X installed yet. I have
cvsup'ed and portupgraded all  lastnight. Now I try to install xorg.
My plan is make install clean the xorg metaport. But, make install exits
when trying to make and install dri becuase it won't compile on amd64.
Now I have seen there is an 'knob' WITHOUT_DRI but how do I enable this?

Other question: after this I want to apply the patch xorg-conv-1.diff and
continu to install gnome/kde. Is this the right way to go?

Thanks,

Maarten