dependency fixing for xorg stuff

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Jul 5 10:04:11 PDT 2004

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:32:34 -0700, Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 19:37, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:20:16 -0700, Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/xorg-conv-1.diff
>>
>> You can remove the fluxbox-devel and fluxbox in this diff. The
>> fluxbox-devel is no longer depend on XFree86-client. As for fluxbox will
>> be remove too when maintainer approves or fluxbox-devel merges into
>> fluxbox when 1.0 is released.
>>
>> A question, how would you like me to deal with the libXrender? The
>> x11/gcursor, my port, will need the libXrender if xorg is installed. It
>> doesn't need this if XFree86-lib is installed. If you already have this
>> plan, then nevermind and I will wait.
>
> xorg-libraries provides libXrender just like XFree86-4-libraries does.
> USE_XLIB will cover it fine.  You may be thinking of the modular x
> effort, which is unfortunately still some time off before it'll be
> releasable for general use.  Because of that I'm not working on
> supporting it, for the moment.

I have tested gcursor with xorg and it will fail compile because of
missing xrender.pc. I didn't check nor realized that if xorg-lib already
has libXrender, I just ammused that it needs libXrender so it's why I
asked and never gave the enough detail. However, Franz has gave the
perfect answer with bugzilla and etc of missing xrender.pc. Thanks! :-)

Here's error of gcursor compile:
checking for
         glib-2.0
         gobject-2.0
         gtk+-2.0
         gnome-vfs-2.0
         libgnomeui-2.0
         libglade-2.0
         gconf-2.0
         xcursor
         ... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package xrender was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xrender.pc'
Package 'xrender', required by 'Xcursor', not found

configure: error: Library requirements (
         glib-2.0
         gobject-2.0
         gtk+-2.0
         gnome-vfs-2.0
         libgnomeui-2.0
         libglade-2.0
         gconf-2.0
         xcursor
         ) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can
find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org