5.2-rc2, x11/XFree86-4 doesn't build

David Raistrick drais at wow.atlasta.net
Tue Jan 6 11:48:03 PST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, David Raistrick wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Should the x11/XFree86-4 port from the 5.2-rc2 ISO's (from ftp2) build
> with a simple "cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/ && make" ?

Aaaah, I see where the issue comes up.

My PATH only includes /usr/X11R6/bin if it exists upon login.  Since this
is created post-login in this case, imake is not in my path.  The build
process seems to make the assumption that imake would be in the path,
which would work fine for a stock .cshrc for root.

Would it be better to not assume that /usr/X11R6/bin is in the path, or
should I just make a note of this for future reference for myself?

thanks.

...david

---
david raistrick