Dri on ati rage128 does not work after xorg 6.8.1 upgrade.

Jung-uk Kim jkim at niksun.com
Wed Dec 29 18:57:01 PST 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 03:05 pm, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 10:21 +0200, Kiril Anastasov wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I have dri enabled since ever in xorg.conf(XF86Config when i was
> > using
> >
> > Xfree) but after the upgrade from xorg 6.7.0 to xorg 6.8.1
> > glxinfo
> >
> > displays "direct rendering: No" and glxgears is very slow(even
> > slower
> >
> > than without dri enabled). It is more interesting since the log
> > shows
> >
> > that the dri was loaded OK(see attached file). I have rebuilt the
> > kernel
> >
> > but this didn't helped and since the log does not show any error
> > I do
> >
> > not have any idea what the problem is. So please help.
>
> Your Xorg.0.log shows DRI enabled, which means that you're most of
> the way there.  The next step is the glxinfo output.  However, you
> need LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose set in your environment for glxinfo to be
> of use in debugging.  (If capturing the output to send, note that
> the important lines are output to stderr)

Mesa source doesn't seem to include this fix:

http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/depthtmp.h?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

From the commit log you said:

'Don't compile WriteMonoDepthSpan if HAVE_HW_DEPTH_SPANS is defined --
it won't be used in that case, and it wanting WRITE_DEPTH was making
r128 die on the undefined symbol.'

FYI...

Jung-uk Kim