Xorg 6.8.1 bug?

Luo Hong luohong99 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Tue Dec 28 18:40:09 PST 2004

Yesterday, I updated my X.org from 6.7.0 to 6.8.1, but display mode worked abnormally, so I had to downgrade it back to 6.7.0.
The problem is described below:
    I set "ModeLine" in xorg.conf according to "gtf" utility, but after the upgrade, new xorg 6.8.1 seemed to not recongnize "ModeLine"
Whatever "ModeLine" configuration was, it just locked the display mode, the dot clock was locked at 108.00MHz, and the vertical refresh rate was locked at 60Hz. But when I downgraded back, everything worked well, is this a bug of 6.8.1?
   My display card is Radeon LE with R100 kernel.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Yours sincerely
Luo Hong

EDA Group,

Circuits and Systems Division,
Dept. of Electronic Engineering,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R. China