Dri on ati rage128 does not work after xorg 6.8.1 upgrade.

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Tue Dec 28 08:03:40 PST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:21:41 +0200
"Kiril Anastasov" <kiril.anastasov at sciant.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Hi everybody,
> I have dri enabled since ever in xorg.conf(XF86Config when i was using
> Xfree) but after the upgrade from xorg 6.7.0 to xorg 6.8.1 glxinfo
> displays "direct rendering: No" and glxgears is very slow(even slower
> than without dri enabled). It is more interesting since the log shows
> that the dri was loaded OK(see attached file). I have rebuilt the
> kernel
> but this didn't helped and since the log does not show any error I do
> not have any idea what the problem is. So please help.

I can confirm this for Radeon 7000 as well. Xorg 6.8[.1] is a regression
on ATI hardware. On 6.8.0 the server enables DRI but hangs very soon
(read: after 5-10 mins). The good news: This is not a FreeBSD specific
problem, the same happens on Gentoo, emerge xorg 6.8 and lose DRI. The
bad news is that it's a royal PITA to debug :/

Cheers,
--
Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>           | lea
gfx_lib(pc),a1