xorg/xfree on intel 865G (HP evo d530)

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Dec 10 09:17:02 PST 2004

On Friday, 10. December 2004 17:57, squigly at flashmail.com wrote:
> I've seen a few (too few) post on this subject but no
> answers.
>
> I have a HP EVO d530 with integrated VGA adapter based on
> the intel 865G (using the i810 module).
>
> I get the following error message when starting X:
>
> (EE) I810(0): No Video BIOS modes for chosen depth.
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

From the i810 manpage:

       The  driver  makes use of the video BIOS to program video modes for the
       830M and later.  This limits the video modes that can be used to  those
       provided  by the video BIOS, and to those that will fit into the amount
       of video memory that the video BIOS is aware of.

So, have you tried some rather low resolutions with low colordepth (like
640x480 in 8bpp) as well? If something like that worked you could try higher
res and higher colordepths.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org