XFree86 4.4 - an attempt on upgrading ports

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 16 08:54:41 PDT 2004

Am Fr, den 16.04.2004 schrieb Dejan Lesjak um 17:33:
> On Friday 16 of April 2004 16:20, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> > I tried the ati/radeon driver, in case it has something todo with this.
> Well, according to thread starting here:

> http://www.mail-archive.com/xfree86%40xfree86.org/msg14618.html
> it would seem that this could be driver dependant. I have nvidia here so I'll
> see if I get same error. Right now I'm recompiling the world though.

Thank you very much, the symptoms are exactly the same. Well if it is
driver dependant it is definetly a regression, since it worked fine in
4.3. An XFree Update requires a lot of testing.

> > You might want to add this to your CVS Repository.
> I did, and I also removed files/patch-Imake.cf from libraries port and from
> Server Makefile. I don't know why this patch didn't fail to apply as the
> changes from this patch are already in source, but as far as I can see it was
> a no-op even when applied.

> BTW, does the cvsweb interface help in any way, should I rearange stuff like
> they are in your tarball (ie devel/imake-4 instead of just imake-4)? Also
> feel free to kick me if I made some mistake while incorporating patches..

The CVS history will be interesting, when we really think about
committing the update. The reason why I rearranged stuff in my tarball,
is because XFree86-4-libraries fails to compile if it is not in a
directory called x11. It took my a while to find this out. Several other
ports refer to other ports with relative paths.

> Furthermore there are now XFree86-4-NestServer, XFree86-4-PrintServer and
> XFree86-4-VirtualFramebufferServer. The trouble here is that file
> lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
> is listed in Server, NestServer and VirtualFramebufferServer so I wander what
> would be best way to deal with this.

Well we have to think about this. Perhaps we need some kind of TODO
list. We could also note, which drivers of the Server we tested.

Thank you very much. I will try to test your changes over the weekend.