www/162363: Update FreeBSD ftp and www mirrors for ch.freebsd.org

Fabian wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Mon Nov 7 23:20:07 UTC 2011

>Number:         162363
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Update FreeBSD ftp and www mirrors for ch.freebsd.org
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hello

I am the maintainer for the ch.freebsd.org sub domain and I have some updates on a few places of the website (actually only ftp and www mirrors list):

1. On http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html in the entry for "Switzerland" the line with ftp2.ch.freebsd.org should be removed. Currently there is only one ftp mirror for Switzerland (ftp.ch.freebsd.org). ftp2.ch.freebsd.org is also pointing to ftp.ch.freebsd.org (which only has IPv4).

2. On http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/eresources-web.html in the entry for "Switzerland" both mirrors (www.ch.freebsd.org and www2.ch.freebsd.org) also support IPv6. Please also add this to the drop down list on the FreeBSD main page.

I also found ftp and www mirrors on many translated pages, are they generated from the English pages or need they to be updated individually?

bye
Fabian