www/115303: Opera browser chokes on http://www.freebsd.org/

Johannes Totz jo_t at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 18:06:41 UTC 2007

Remko Lodder wrote:
> Johannes Totz wrote:
>> Pankov Pavel wrote:
>>> Remko Lodder wrote:
>>> [cut]

>>> [cut]
>>> No problems with Opera 9.22 (build
>>> 8801) on Windows XP.
>> This is a problem with my client machine here. Sorry for the noise.
>>
>> Opera gets stuck at SYN_SENT (as reported by netstat) when trying to
>> connect to www.freebsd.org. So the HTTP request doesn't even make it
>> onto the wire (checked with tcpdump).
>> The funny thing is that this happens only with Opera and only with this
>> site. I have already checked firewalls that I'm aware off...
>
> could it be synchronous dns? or something? multiple reports [2]
> so far that it works with some opera.. could it be the firewall? a
> virusscanner?

For the record: issue resolved. It was IPv6 related.

After uninstalling all IPv6 components on the Windoze box here I have no
problem accessing www.freebsd.org. Works like a charm. Don't have time
to figure out what exactly went wrong though...

Thanks to everyone trying to help!

Cheers

Johannes Totz