new committer news item - idea

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 5 05:16:38 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Tom Rhodes <trhodes at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:53:39 +0400
> "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On 4/4/07, Pav Lucistnik <pav at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > Hey gang,
> > >
> > > "28 March: New committer: Sepherosa Ziehau (src)"
> > >
> > > on the project news page. What about changing the rules to get some meat
> > > on it next time? Like:
> > >
> > > "28 March: Sepherosa Ziehau became a source committer, he will work on
> > > kernel and threading."
> > >
> > > Opinions?
> >
> > Yes, NetBSD guys usually do that.
> >
> > It would also be cool to see a (censored) story about
> > every new committer. Just the initial developers@
> > message without all the confidential parts (if any).
>
> I was with everything up until the story bit.  :)

Well, on a strictly opt-in basis. It's the committer who
posts the news about himself. So he can just put "he'll
be working on ..." or "he's a seasoned Microsoft employee,
focusing on dealing with competing projects. His excuse
for systematic abuse of CVS and internal communications
will be work on ..."