bug in www version of send-pr ?

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Thu Nov 2 17:30:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:45:06PM +0200, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've sent a new PR today by a http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html web form.
> I use firefox-1.5.0.7_1,1 built from ports collection. On the first try
> I tried to attach a traceroute.c.diff file but got following error message:
>
> There is an error with your problem report submission. The problem was: Patch file has wrong content type.
>
> On the second try I just copyied/pasted the contents of that file to the
> "Fix to the problem if known:" text input area and succesfully submitted
> following PR:

> I don't know what content type Firefox uses when it is sending a diff file,
> but it is a common filename extension of a patch file and it should work.

It sends application/octet-stream if I remember correctly, which is just
too wide I'm afraid.   Hence the warning on the submission form:

  If you are submitting a patch file, note that we only accept text/*
  content types, and you must therefore ensure that your browser sends the
  correct type. If your browser does not like to do this, a good way to
  convince it to do so is to ensure that the file name ends with the
  string '.txt'.

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere