RAIDframe

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Fri May 26 09:14:29 PDT 2006

If memory serves me right, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:24:13PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
>> [Removing -current since this is only about www stuff now]
>> On 2006.05.26 12:39:38 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:

>>> Actually, it probably just means that sledge still has an old raid(4) manual
>>> on it, since that is where I got the CURRENT manpages from the last time I
>>> did the update.
>> Old stuff doesn't get cleared automatically in the update runs on the
>> reference systems, but I plan to run "make delete-old" today on sledge
>> (just need to play portupgrade -af, mergemaster etc. first).
>>
>> Another way to get a a more or less "clean" version would perhaps be
>> to use the monthly snapshots generated by re@?
>
> Agreed.  I remember not being able to find them before, but the new
> naming convention will help.

/me is confused.

I thought that www.freebsd.org automatically pulled snapshots from one
of the snapshot servers (e.g. snapshot.jp.freebsd.org) and used those to
populate the CURRENT, 6-STABLE, 5-STABLE, etc. manpage sets?  There's
still stuff in www at www's crontab to do this.  Maybe it broke?

Thanks for working on this guys.  Also if you happen to see anything
that I might have broken while setting up the 6.1/5.5-RELEASE manpages,
just thwap me over the head with a clue-by-four.

Bruce.